Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Most Fantastically Failed Prayer in History

And as they say, turnabout is fair play, you know?  I have to put up with endless solicitations and evangelisms and "evandalisms" and pretty much every passive-aggressive form of proselytization you can imagine on a daily basis where I live.  I've got teachers at my kids' school calling all atheists "fools" and telling us we should celebrate "April Fool's Day" as our own holiday because that's what we are.  Incidentally, that guy used to be my headmaster back when I taught for a private Christian school near me years ago. But I digress.

I can only stand people trying to "fix" me and bring me back into their belief system so many times before I finally just have to push back and say, "You know what?  I don't buy it, okay?! It doesn't add up for me anymore, and it doesn't ring true.  And if you're going to keep handing me this stuff, then I'm going to disassemble it in front of you and hand it right back to you. Maybe eventually you'll learn to stop throwing this stuff at me. It doesn't work."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godlessindixie/2016/01/10/the-most-fantastically-failed-prayer-in-history/


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment